As we move into the final month of the holidays before the new year I decided to review some advice I heard recently at a retreat. I’ll paraphrase below. Instead of focusing on resolutions, the speaker suggested we give our attention to priorities of mind and spirit.
- Be positive in all circumstances.
- Say yes to what’s best and no to the rest.
- Keep in mind that even the hard stuff will pass.
- Let go and let God manage everything.
- Place people before programs and projects.
- Live as though today is your last. In other words, make the most of what you have right now.
Do you have a priority you’d like to add to the list? If so, please share it with us so we can come together and finish off this year with a song in our hearts and a positive prayer on our lips.
“Say a quiet yes to God and he’ll be there in no time.” James 4:8 (MSG)